CSG Survey: Pay TV Providers Enjoy Numerous Advantages as Market Heats Up
What's Important in the Evolution of the Digital Content Experience?
It’s a billion dollar question for the U.S. Pay TV Industry: How will providers evolve the digital content market to a multi-device offering, going beyond delivering services to households and instead targeting personalized offerings to individual consumers?
To help answer that question, CSG went straight to the source: the consumers themselves.
CSG’s independent survey of U.S. consumers reveals the five most significant influencing factors on digital content purchases and behavior.
- Price of content is the single largest influencer on a consumer's decision to purchase and average monthly spend is greatly influenced by age.
- Multi-screen usage is the new norm, particularly among younger consumers.
- Pay TV providers are in good standing with consumers over age 35, but have work to do to engage younger demographics- who prefer Over-the-Top (OTT) content providers.
- Viewing quality is important, particularly to those consumers who spend the most on content and use it across more devices.
- Ease of Use influences buying decisions, particularly for older consumers.
Download your complimentary Executive Summary to find out what consumers think about their digital content experiences—and what they expect from providers as the market evolves.
Get the infographic from CSG's 'U.S. Pay TV and Digital Content' survey here or by clicking on the image below.